The residential building at Manhattan West will rise 62 storeys with 844 units and offer an array of amenities that embrace the urban lifestyle. A regulation-sized basketball court, climbing wall, kitchens and dining rooms available for private entertaining, and a roof deck with grills will make luxury living easy in the hottest new NYC neighborhood.
Walters Group was contracted by Hunter Roberts to supply and install 600T of structural steel.
Walters Inc. was responsible for the engineering, detailing and fabrication as well as providing assistance to the site team.
- 12’ Deep Trusses accounted for 160T – with each truss split into (3) sections for transportability and ease of erection.
- The longest Truss measures just under 100’, and in conjunction with the other (2) Trusses, supports 65’ long beams that span over Dyer Avenue. Some presently installed; others to be added in the future.
- The Truss was supported on two spherical bearings located on the North and South ends: One fixed and the other guided.
- 250T of Structural Steel is spread amongst the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors providing space for a regulation-sized basketball court, climbing wall and other lifestyle amenities. Another 10T completes the tower with galvanized dunnage atop the 65th floor.
- Dyer Avenue overbuild amounts to 180T. Most of the weight is carried in the (13) 65’ long overbuild beams supported by the Truss and Post fixed wall plates and corbels. The balance is the AESS elevator Frame and Staircase rising up from the street below for access.